Portal znanstvenih časopisa Republike Hrvatske
Časopisi po područjima
Hlohovec and the Iločki family
Puni tekst: pdf (4 MB),
Str. 31 - 49
The paper begins by briefly delineating the history of the castle and town of Hlohovec (Hung. Galgóc) in the county of Nitra (Nyitra) before they became one of the possessions of the Orahovički (Raholcai) family in 1349. This family was better known as Iločki (Újlaki) in its later history, but it also occasionally derived its name from Hlohovec, including this places’s German name, Freistadt. The author deals in some detail with the privileges granted to or procured for Old Hlohovec and New Hlohovec by Nicholas „Kont“ Orahovički (Iločki), with the hospital of the Holy Ghost founded here by the same Nicholas and his wife Clare, and fi nally with the parish church of Saint Michael whose carved stone portal displays an unidentified crowned head, which according to the author might represent Nicholas Iločki (d. 1477) as the king of Bosnia.
Hlohovec (Galgóc); castle; urban privilege; hospital; parish church; Iločki (Újlaki).
Registracija novih korisnika
Zaboravili ste lozinku?