APA 6th Edition Piplović, S. (2012). Graditeljstvo u Dalmaciji za francuske uprave. Adrias, (18), 75-102. Preuzeto s https://hrcak.srce.hr/99689
MLA 8th Edition Piplović, Stanko. "Graditeljstvo u Dalmaciji za francuske uprave." Adrias, vol. , br. 18, 2012, str. 75-102. https://hrcak.srce.hr/99689. Citirano 18.10.2019.
Chicago 17th Edition Piplović, Stanko. "Graditeljstvo u Dalmaciji za francuske uprave." Adrias , br. 18 (2012): 75-102. https://hrcak.srce.hr/99689
Harvard Piplović, S. (2012). 'Graditeljstvo u Dalmaciji za francuske uprave', Adrias, (18), str. 75-102. Preuzeto s: https://hrcak.srce.hr/99689 (Datum pristupa: 18.10.2019.)
Vancouver Piplović S. Graditeljstvo u Dalmaciji za francuske uprave. Adrias [Internet]. 2012 [pristupljeno 18.10.2019.];(18):75-102. Dostupno na: https://hrcak.srce.hr/99689
IEEE S. Piplović, "Graditeljstvo u Dalmaciji za francuske uprave", Adrias, vol., br. 18, str. 75-102, 2012. [Online]. Dostupno na: https://hrcak.srce.hr/99689. [Citirano: 18.10.2019.]
Sažetak Amidst horrendous war turmoil throughout Europe, following the decline of the Republic of Venice in 1798, and a short-lasting Austrian government, the French ruled Dalmatia from 1806 to 1913. New government attempted to improve economic, educational and other areas in that underdeveloped region. In terms of construction, due to tumultuous times, most work was done on military-related facilities. Obsolete city walls were torn down in some cities since they were used as enemy fortresses, however, at the same time, it made cities more beautiful and health conditions improved considerably.
Strong English fleet appeared in the Adriatic and turned Vis into its operation base, occupying and disabling navigation, thus the French authorities built a road to ensure communication between certain parts. Other roads were also built, since there had hardly been any roads in the region.
At first, Napoleon attempted to build marine bases for its fleet in well protected waters of Dubrovnik. He erected the fortress Imperial on the Srđ hill above the city, and fortress Real on the small island of Lokrum outside the port. Great attention was devoted to the melioration of marshy terrains.
They needed experts for all planned extensive construction works. Therefore the study of architecture was initiated at the Lyceum, which was also later founded in the Central School of Zadar in 1806. The head professor was Basilio Mazzoli who was appointed in 1807. Some of his prominent students were Vicko Andrić from Trogir and Petar Pekota from Zadar.
Marshall Auguste de Marmont, the military governor of Dalmatia, strived to embellish the cities by creating free spaces where the torn down city walls used to be. He especially liked Split, where he tastefully arranged the public garden and extended the waterfront. He intended to embellish that part of the city by constructing representative buildings; therefore he hired Mazzoli who designed projects that were never later used.
Upon Napoleon`s defeat, Dalmatia was allotted to Austria following the decision of the Congress of Vienna from 1815. Neoclassicism was still present in the region to a certain extent. The famous architect Giannantonio Selva from Venice left his works thanks to a great erudite from Trogir, Giovanni Luca Garagnin. He designed him several projects for economic buildings, one of which was the summer house in the nearby Divulje.
Building construction was more prolific in Zadar, the capital of the region at the time. One of the most prominent works of the time is the reconstruction of the Bishop`s Palace. The first proposal came from Hatzinger; then the architect Luigi de Romano, who came from Venice as the administrator of the Civil Engineering Department at the Regency, submitted a new proposal. The final project was designed in 1830. De Romano designed the building of the regional court. During 1826 the architect Valentino Presani came to Zadar and obtained a position in civil service, which he held for twelve years. He represented the focus of civil engineering in the city and its surroundings. He designed numerous projects of which only few were realised; one of those is the building of investigative detention unit and the expansion of the west wing of the St. Krševan monastery. His most mature work is the chapel of St. Frane in Podprag on Velebit. In Dalmatia, the traces of Neoclassicism are present until very late. In 1868, the architect Perikle Koludrović designed a project for the new hospital building in Split.