APA 6th Edition Peklić, I. (2014). Uvodna riječ. Civitas Crisiensis, 1 (1), 5-7. Preuzeto s https://hrcak.srce.hr/121298
MLA 8th Edition Peklić, Ivan. "Uvodna riječ." Civitas Crisiensis, vol. 1, br. 1, 2014, str. 5-7. https://hrcak.srce.hr/121298. Citirano 22.09.2021.
Chicago 17th Edition Peklić, Ivan. "Uvodna riječ." Civitas Crisiensis 1, br. 1 (2014): 5-7. https://hrcak.srce.hr/121298
Harvard Peklić, I. (2014). 'Uvodna riječ', Civitas Crisiensis, 1(1), str. 5-7. Preuzeto s: https://hrcak.srce.hr/121298 (Datum pristupa: 22.09.2021.)
Vancouver Peklić I. Uvodna riječ. Civitas Crisiensis [Internet]. 2014 [pristupljeno 22.09.2021.];1(1):5-7. Dostupno na: https://hrcak.srce.hr/121298
IEEE I. Peklić, "Uvodna riječ", Civitas Crisiensis, vol.1, br. 1, str. 5-7, 2014. [Online]. Dostupno na: https://hrcak.srce.hr/121298. [Citirano: 22.09.2021.]
Sažetak Institute for scientific research and artistic work of the Croatian academy of sciences and arts was opened in Križevci on the 1st of March, 2013. The institute was founded thanks to the efforts of social and political functionaries of the town of Križevci: mayor Branko Hrg, head of department for social sciences M. Sc. Mladen Tenodi, member of parliament Ph.D. Marija Vukobratović and Ivan Peklić, teacher at Križevci grammar school, as well as members of the Croatian academy of sciences and arts, Academy director Zvonko Kusić and main secretary of the Academy, Pavle Rudan. After signing the agreement on the 17th of January, 2013, academic Franjo Tomić was appointed head of the Institute in Križevci, whereas Ivan Peklić was appointed the institute director. The institute activity includes the following areas of research:
1) scientific and professional research in the field of biotechnical sciences (scientific field: agriculture (agronomy), forestry, wood processing technology, biotechnology, food processing technology, interdisciplinary biotechnical sciences), as well as social and humanistic sciences in cooperation with scientific and professional collaborators;
2) organisation of scientific meetings, counselling, workshops and public le-ctures relevant for development of science and practical application of research results;
3) organisation of exhibitions and workshops in the field of biotechnical, social and humanistic sciences;
4) publishing results of scientific, research and artistic work in suitable editions, in line with academy criteria in the field of publishing activity.
On the occasion of the opening ceremony speeches were held by Academy director Zvonko Kusić, head of the Institute, academic Franjo Tomić, county prefect Darko Koren, mayor Branko Hrg, and the program was moderated by Ottone Novosel. Transcripts of these speeches are hereby presented in their full form. Scientific meeting related to life and work was also held within this occasion and consisted of the following programme:
- Ante Stamać: Nemčić’s Kvas bez kruha (Leaven without bread);
- Ivan Peklić: Antun Nemčić and theatre;
- Petar Milas: Križevci motifs in Nemčić’s Travel Trifles (Travelogue entitled Putositnice)
- Ottone Novosel: Following Nemčić’s Travel Trifles (Travelogue entitled Putositnice) / or where did Antun really stay during his visit to Venice?
- Mario Kolar: Antun Nemčić and Gaj’s Danica;
- Hrvoje Petrić: About environment perception in writings of Antun Nemčić;
- Enes Quin: Sculptor Rudolf Valdec, author of Nemčić’s statue;
- Ozren Blagec: Unveiling of the monument dedicated to Antun Nemčić.
This number comprises five papers from the aforementioned scientific mee-ting: Ottone Novosel: Following Nemčić’s Travel Trifles (Travelogue entitled Putositnice) or where did Antun really stay during his visit to Venice?; Mario Kolar: Antun Nemčić and Gaj’s Danica; Enes Quin: Public monuments of the sculptor Rudolf Valdec; Ozren Blagec: Unveiling of the monument dedicated to Antun Nemčić and Ivan Peklić: Antun Nemčić and theatre.
The institute also organised round table on the topic Current issues of Croatian agriculture within the EU accession, which was held on the 26th of March 2013. Presentations were held by the following experts:
- Franjo Tomić: State and measures of advancing Croatian agriculture in the context of the EU accession;
- Ferdo Bašić: Regionalisation of Croatian agriculture in the common agricultural policy of the EU;
- Ružica Gelo: Croatia in the accession process and EU structure funds;
- Žaklina Jurišić: Croatian agriculture in the common agricultural policy of the EU - the present and the future
Public lecture Insulation solutions in hydraulic equipment of agricultural machines was held on the 26th of April, 2013 by Branko Katana on the occasion of the Town anniversary.
- On the 4th of June, 2013 academic Vladimir Paar held a lecture: Centenary of Bohr’s theory - implications in the 21 st century;
- 12th of September 2013: Agriculture and chemistry institute in Križevci - 110 anniversary.
Co-organizer: Križevci College of Agriculture;
- 29th November 2013: Scientific meeting: National movement in Croatia in 1903 with special emphasis on Podravina, Prigorje and Hrvatsko zagorje.
Co-organizer: History association Križevci;
- 23rd October, 2013: Lecture about Andrija Mohorovičić on the occasion of 100th anniversary of his birth
The lecture related to Mohorovčić’s activity in the academy will be organised in cooperation with the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts (HAZU).
The institute is also active in the field of publishing activity. It started a periodical publication Civitas Crisiensis – Papers of the institute for scientific research and artistic work in Križevci, with its first number presently in front of you. We plan to publish a monograph Ethical thought of Marko Marulić, written by Davor Balić. Argumentation for such an undertaking lies in the fact that, thanks results of the research implemented one hundred years ago by literary critics and theologians, renaissance thinker from Split, Marko Marulić (1450-1524) is most frequently defined by the syntagm father of Croatian literature « or, even more, by the statement that Marulić is a writer who relies on the Bible and records of church authors in his advocating for creationist picture of the world and religious vision of the man. Unfortunately, Marulić’s work has been neither researched nor assessed from the philosophical point of view. However, in his records, Marulić frequently expressed his opinion on topics related to the field of philosophy, for which he to a great extent contributed to Croatian philosophical heritage. Publishing of the monograph Ethical thought of Marko Marulić will enable a clear perspective of Marulić’s attitudes regarding philosophy, especially his doctrine on morality, fo-llowed by his thoughts regarding virtue, vice, truth, lie, bliss, wisdom, modesty, justice, felicity and other ethical notions.
During 2014, and on the occasion of the 100th death anniversary of Franjo Marković, a long time Academy secretary, who was also for a brief period its director, we intend to organise an international scientific meeting and to publish a monograph: Franjo Marković: life and work.
We hereby single out Monograph of the town of Križevci as our multiannual project.
We most cordially seek cooperation with the institutions and individuals whose work could contribute to the activity of our Institute.