APA 6th Edition Ivančević, R. (1997). Nova crkva u Šibeniku (1502) Posljednje djelo Nikole Firentinca. Peristil, 40 (1), 67-79. Preuzeto s https://hrcak.srce.hr/150755
MLA 8th Edition Ivančević, Radovan. "Nova crkva u Šibeniku (1502) Posljednje djelo Nikole Firentinca." Peristil, vol. 40, br. 1, 1997, str. 67-79. https://hrcak.srce.hr/150755. Citirano 19.01.2021.
Chicago 17th Edition Ivančević, Radovan. "Nova crkva u Šibeniku (1502) Posljednje djelo Nikole Firentinca." Peristil 40, br. 1 (1997): 67-79. https://hrcak.srce.hr/150755
Harvard Ivančević, R. (1997). 'Nova crkva u Šibeniku (1502) Posljednje djelo Nikole Firentinca', Peristil, 40(1), str. 67-79. Preuzeto s: https://hrcak.srce.hr/150755 (Datum pristupa: 19.01.2021.)
Vancouver Ivančević R. Nova crkva u Šibeniku (1502) Posljednje djelo Nikole Firentinca. Peristil [Internet]. 1997 [pristupljeno 19.01.2021.];40(1):67-79. Dostupno na: https://hrcak.srce.hr/150755
IEEE R. Ivančević, "Nova crkva u Šibeniku (1502) Posljednje djelo Nikole Firentinca", Peristil, vol.40, br. 1, str. 67-79, 1997. [Online]. Dostupno na: https://hrcak.srce.hr/150755. [Citirano: 19.01.2021.]
Sažetak The church of the fraternity of St. Mary of Charity — St. Mary in Valverde or the New Church — was built according to the project of Nicolo di Giovanni Fiorentino on the basis of a contract from the year 1502. Since the church had not been finished in Nicholas' lifetime, it has been thought (D. Freya) that the church was "simple and humble" and that "it shows predominantly the characteristics of a later style". The author disputes this statement because the church, although simple, is of monumental proportions, dignified for the quality of stone masonry in the interior and on the exterior anđ it corresponds with the spirit of harmony in the period of classical European Renaissance. As a whole, the project fits in the tradition of the early Renaissance middle Dalmatian school by the unity of stone masonry, the construction of the barrel vault (by means of eight stone slabs set lengthwise) which is in the same time the "barrel — roof", and the concha of the apsis (made of big concavo-convex stone slabs) also of identical profila inside — outside and very long segmentally cut monoliths that follow its cylindrical shape. The author states that the church has a twofold importance: as the last architectural project of Nicholas of Florence and as the last work of "middle Dalmatian Renaissance school of architecture" that in this building reaches the siplicity and dignity of the style of high Renaissance, after it had produced Gothic-Renaissance monuments (the Cathedral in Šibenik, 1441 and the baptistery in Trogir, 1467) and early Renaissance works (chapel of Ivan Trogirski in Trogir, 1468).The definition of "Middle Dalmatian School" was promoteđ and discussed by the authot in some earlier publishen papers (look for the bibliography in the footmarks). In order to be able to properly evaluate the building it was necessary to interpret critically the relation between the Nicholas' original project and later interventions of other builders. With the contract of 10th January 1505 Nicholas of Florence was nominated and obliged as "prothus et magister dictae ecclesiae" to finish the church in five years with a monthly pay of 10 ducats. Nicholas supervised the preparation of the most important stone architectural elements: profiled exterior socle, the three windows of the apsis and sanctum and pilasters, cornices and capitals of the triumphal arch. Although the building of the church lasted long after that — it was carried on by master builder Mihajlo Hreljić — and in spite of later changes in the morphology (the windows on the side walls and on the main facade and the rose window) the character of the building was not altered just because of the simplicity of the concept. The main portal of the New Church reminds on a simplified portal of the church in Tremiti built by Nicholas of Florence and Andrea Alessi in 1473. The side portal has an early Renaissance simplicity. The records show that three windows of the church nave were ordered from B. and J. Radojković (1539) and two from Francesco Checho from Padua (1546). The author thinks that three windows were built in the right wall of the nave and two in the main facade. The building was finished in the middle of the 16th century, the roof was constructed in the seventies and the church was dedicated only
in 1619 although the wooden vault and the wall paintings were finished later (1628). The windows on the apsis are simple with sloping niches and monolithic upper parts and bases while those on the main facade, although from a later date, have a stylistically earlier appearance because of Gothic upper parts.