hrcak mascot   Srce   HID

Izvorni znanstveni članak

CHRONOLOGICAL HISTORY ECCLESIÆ COLLEGIATÆ S. PETRI ANTIBARENSIS

Savo MARKOVIĆ

Puni tekst: hrvatski, pdf (513 KB) str. 25-42 preuzimanja: 72* citiraj
APA 6th Edition
MARKOVIĆ, S. (2018). POVJESNICA ECCLESIÆ COLLEGIATÆ S. PETRI ANTIBARENSIS . Croatica Christiana periodica, 42 (81), 25-42. Preuzeto s https://hrcak.srce.hr/217671
MLA 8th Edition
MARKOVIĆ, Savo. "POVJESNICA ECCLESIÆ COLLEGIATÆ S. PETRI ANTIBARENSIS ." Croatica Christiana periodica, vol. 42, br. 81, 2018, str. 25-42. https://hrcak.srce.hr/217671. Citirano 11.07.2020.
Chicago 17th Edition
MARKOVIĆ, Savo. "POVJESNICA ECCLESIÆ COLLEGIATÆ S. PETRI ANTIBARENSIS ." Croatica Christiana periodica 42, br. 81 (2018): 25-42. https://hrcak.srce.hr/217671
Harvard
MARKOVIĆ, S. (2018). 'POVJESNICA ECCLESIÆ COLLEGIATÆ S. PETRI ANTIBARENSIS ', Croatica Christiana periodica, 42(81), str. 25-42. Preuzeto s: https://hrcak.srce.hr/217671 (Datum pristupa: 11.07.2020.)
Vancouver
MARKOVIĆ S. POVJESNICA ECCLESIÆ COLLEGIATÆ S. PETRI ANTIBARENSIS . Croatica Christiana periodica [Internet]. 2018 [pristupljeno 11.07.2020.];42(81):25-42. Dostupno na: https://hrcak.srce.hr/217671
IEEE
S. MARKOVIĆ, "POVJESNICA ECCLESIÆ COLLEGIATÆ S. PETRI ANTIBARENSIS ", Croatica Christiana periodica, vol.42, br. 81, str. 25-42, 2018. [Online]. Dostupno na: https://hrcak.srce.hr/217671. [Citirano: 11.07.2020.]

Sažetak
The collegiate church of St. Peter in Bar was already in 1247, when it is noted in available sources, one of the most important town’s sanctuaries, after the cathedral and beside the monastic institutions. The archival material and the historiographic literature considered
in this paper complement the information on its location (in the oldest town’s core), its architectonic features (in 1426 is mentioned its choir, while archbishop Andrija Zmajević in 1671 states that the church distinguishes by the size and elegance of its architecture),
rebuilding, equipment and inventory. The cross that adorned its interior is an indicational testimony which could reflect the local religious tradition. Canons of the collegiate chapter of St. Peter, often members of the patrician families, participated in the election of the
archbishops of Bar, were elected to the positions of archbishop and suffragan bishop, and also performed the function of the municipal notary and chancellor. The church owned the land and olive trees on several places in the district of Bar. Its canonical house became,
before the middle of the 15th century, the comital palace. From the middle of the 13th century to the late 16th century the most important collegiate church, had one of the key roles in town’s religious and social life. Public gatherings were summoned and held therein,
on which the issues and decisions of interest for both the Commune and the Archdiocese were discussed. It was also the place of perpetuated memorial services for deceased citizens, as well as for reconciliation of opposing urban clans. As it is known, the church of
St. Peter was mentioned between 1297 and 1562 in the statements of the last wills of the residents of Dubrovnik and Bar. Its liturgical function, however, ceased before 1610. After several centuries, probably around 1900, the sanctuary seems to have been amalgamated with later construction or renovation. It is most likely that on this location is the orthodox church dedicated to St. John the Baptist.

Ključne riječi
Bar; Middle Ages; collegiate church; archpriest; canon.

Hrčak ID: 217671

URI
https://hrcak.srce.hr/217671

[hrvatski]

Posjeta: 140 *