hrcak mascot   Srce   HID

Izvorni znanstveni članak

Monastery of St. John the Evangelist in Biograd from its Foundation up to 1125

Zvjezdan Strika ; Augsburg, Germany

Puni tekst: hrvatski, pdf (330 KB) str. 149-172 preuzimanja: 574* citiraj
APA 6th Edition
Strika, Z. (2010). Samostan sv. Ivana Evanđelista u Biogradu od utemeljenja do 1125. godine. Radovi Zavoda za povijesne znanosti HAZU u Zadru, (52), 149-172. Preuzeto s https://hrcak.srce.hr/63872
MLA 8th Edition
Strika, Zvjezdan. "Samostan sv. Ivana Evanđelista u Biogradu od utemeljenja do 1125. godine." Radovi Zavoda za povijesne znanosti HAZU u Zadru, vol. , br. 52, 2010, str. 149-172. https://hrcak.srce.hr/63872. Citirano 12.11.2019.
Chicago 17th Edition
Strika, Zvjezdan. "Samostan sv. Ivana Evanđelista u Biogradu od utemeljenja do 1125. godine." Radovi Zavoda za povijesne znanosti HAZU u Zadru , br. 52 (2010): 149-172. https://hrcak.srce.hr/63872
Harvard
Strika, Z. (2010). 'Samostan sv. Ivana Evanđelista u Biogradu od utemeljenja do 1125. godine', Radovi Zavoda za povijesne znanosti HAZU u Zadru, (52), str. 149-172. Preuzeto s: https://hrcak.srce.hr/63872 (Datum pristupa: 12.11.2019.)
Vancouver
Strika Z. Samostan sv. Ivana Evanđelista u Biogradu od utemeljenja do 1125. godine. Radovi Zavoda za povijesne znanosti HAZU u Zadru [Internet]. 2010 [pristupljeno 12.11.2019.];(52):149-172. Dostupno na: https://hrcak.srce.hr/63872
IEEE
Z. Strika, "Samostan sv. Ivana Evanđelista u Biogradu od utemeljenja do 1125. godine", Radovi Zavoda za povijesne znanosti HAZU u Zadru, vol., br. 52, str. 149-172, 2010. [Online]. Dostupno na: https://hrcak.srce.hr/63872. [Citirano: 12.11.2019.]

Sažetak
The first mention of the monastery of St. John the Evangelist in the royal town of Biograd is preserved in the charter of king Petar Krešimir IV. (1058 – 1074) dating from February 1060, in which the king gave some privileges and the island of Žirje to the monastery. This is the oldest charter issued by king Petar Krešimir IV. The royal donation has been preserved in two versions, the earlier and the extended one. Most likely the ruler’s donation was read at a gathering and once again confirmed. His donation was confirmed by thirty people listed by name as well as many other witnesses. Since the extended version of Krešimir’s document mentions the name of the Byzantine Emperor Alexei I. Comnenus (1081 – 1118), it might have originated exactly during the reign of this emperor. Based on these and other documents we can see a brief development of the monastic community of St. John the Evangelist up to 1125 when the Venetian Doge Domenico Michiel, after a failed Crusade, had the town of Biograd completely destroyed. Its residents and the town bishop took refuge in nearby Skradin and the Benedictines led by their Abbot settled next to the church of St. Grisogono (now the church of St. Anthony Abbot) in Šibenik. They remained there for more than four years and most probably in 1129 permanently moved to Pašman, where on the hill of Ćokovac they owned the church of Cosmas and Damian. On the hill, the monks found a permanent shelter as they built a new monastery, while the estates on the mainland, especially the property of Rogovo, remained a guarantee of the economic security and prosperity until the invasion of Ottoman Empire. Along with the development of the monastery, the activity of some abbots can also be traced, from Abbot Andrew, due to whose diligence the monastery and probably one part of the monastery church were built, to Abbot John who most likely personally experienced the Venetian barbarism in 1125. With their efforts (mostly through donations and the purchasing of some estates) the abbots managed to extend the monastic property so that in the 17th century the Archdeacon of Zadar Valerius Ponte ( 1603 – 1679) noted on behalf of the prelate Abbot Stjepan Grdić that the Benedictine Abbey still owned 36 villages.

Ključne riječi
Biograd; monastery of St. John the Evangelist; Benedictines; donation of king Petar Krešimir IV; Middle Ages

Hrčak ID: 63872

URI
https://hrcak.srce.hr/63872

[hrvatski]

Posjeta: 1.440 *