Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
Integral text of the contribution is prepared according to the Article Template in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- Paper is professionally edited (preferably by a native speaker).
- By submitting the manuscripts I agree to routine disclosure of similarity with existing literature (plagiarism and self-plagiarism) through the PlagScan program.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, personal information about the author noted in the file title and file properties are removed.
- The manuscript submitted under the category of an original scientific paper, preliminary communication or scientific subject review was anonymized, and the Comments to the Editor include the information about conflict of interest, the ethics approval and other required information.
Original Scientific Paper
The original scientific paper contains theoretical and practical results of the fundamental or applied research; it presents the original scientific research results for the first time; It is an integral and in-depth presentation of an entirely completed research or its completed phases which are not expected to yield some further important results; the research can be repeated and its results tested.
The preliminary communication is the first short article describing scientific research results which, due to their topical interest, should be published rapidly; it contains one or more new research information without an integral overview of the topic; it is primarily published in order to secure copyright in the name of the author for his partial research results; it does not provide the conditions for repeated research or testing its results.
Scientific Subject Review
The scientific subject review presents an integral overview of an area or a problem with a critical review or assessment; it is based on some earlier published results but also contains new analyses and syntheses, new relationships and/or new hypotheses for further research; the cited literature should be comprehensive enough to provide insight into the researched area; its systematicity, evaluation, commentaries, conclusions and presentations of someone else's or one's own research results give it a clear instructional purpose.
Book review presents international and Croatian publications issued within the last two years. These short papers by esteemed authors are not peer-reviewed or categorized. Papers must be pre-approved by the journal's book review editor.
Conference review presents international and Croatian conferences issued within the last two years and with published scientific conference proceedings or book of abstracts. These short papers by esteemed authors are not peer-reviewed or categorized. Papers must be pre-approved by the journal's book review editor.
Review of Doctoral Dissertation
Review of Doctoral Dissertation defended in the current year should be equipped with the title, mentor and committee in charge. These short papers by PhD authors are not peer-reviewed or categorized. Papers must be pre-approved by the journal's book review editor.
It is expected that the manuscript submitted for publication has not been previously published or sent for a review to any other journal. The author takes full responsibility for the article's content and for permission to publish some information if necessary.
The author is expected to carefully examine the copy of the manuscript sent back from the editor for authorization before publication. Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to use visuals and any other contributions from appropriate copyright holders.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.