Instructions for Authors
PROSTOR: a scholarly journal of architecture and urban planning publishes three types of papers and book and conference reviews and reviews of doctoral dissertations. When you submit a paper, please check all the categories so it can be reviewed appropriately. Authors are required to indicate whether their paper fits the criteria for these categories during the submission process.
The preferred length of the manuscript is 28800 characters with spaces. The length of reviews should not exceed 6500 characters with spaces. The text should be logically and clearly structured, divided into entitled chapters. All pages should be numbered. Figures, tables, graphs, and other graphic contributions should be inserted within the text. It is highly recommended to have the text proofread before submitting it to the Editorial Board.
All received manuscripts are subject to routine disclosure of similarity with existing literature (plagiarism and self-plagiarism) through the PlagScan softver.
Structure of the paper
It is recommended to organize your manuscript in the following structure and sections or their equivalents for your field:
State the objectives of the work and provide an adequate background, avoiding a detailed literature survey or a summary of the results. Prior work based on the same project and/or data must be referenced, and the unique contribution of the new submission must be stated explicitly. State the purpose of the work in the form of the hypothesis, question, or problem you investigated. Briefly explain your rationale and approach and, whenever possible, the possible outcomes your study can reveal.
Materials and Methods
Explain clearly how you carried out your study. It should contain sufficient detail so that when read in conjunction with cited references, all procedures can be repeated.
Results should be clear and concise to objectively present your work, without interpretation, in an orderly and logical sequence using both text and illustrative materials (Tables and Figures).
This should explore the significance of the results of the work, not repeat them. Avoid extensive citations and discussion of published literature. Discussions should cover the key findings of the study: discuss the potential shortcomings and limitations, discuss the integration into the current understanding of the problem and how this advances the current views speculate on the future the direction of the research, and freely postulate theories that could be tested in the future.
The main conclusions of the study may be presented in a short Conclusions section, which may stand alone or form a subsection of a Discussion or Results and Discussion section.
Formatting and Templates
All manuscripts must be submitted online in MS Word format (.doc or .docx) using Open Journal Systems. The whole manuscript should be prepared according to Article Template. The cover page and figures or tables should be submitted as separate files.
All our contributors are also welcome to consult the Instruction for Reviewers.
Authors are required to anonymize their manuscripts prior to electronic submission. Anonymization is not necessary for the submissions to the sections of book and conference reviews. All identifying information should be removed from the manuscript. This also includes references to the institution or the project to which the manuscript is associated.
Personal information about the author noted in the file title and file properties should also be removed.
Article processing charge (APC)
Due to a substantially reduced budget for the journal PROSTOR, we hereby inform you, that in order to maintain quality and ensure continuous publication of scientific papers, the Faculty of Architecture Council along with the PROSTOR Editorial Board decided to introduce the obligatory Publication Fee. It means that from January 1st, 2013, the acceptance and publication of manuscripts will be conducted as follows.
- University of Zagreb, Faculty of Architecture employees, retirees, students and Ph.D. students - 100% waiver on the actual APC
- Lower-middle-income economies - 50% waiver on the actual APC
- Low-income economies - 100% waiver on the actual APC
Acceptance and publication of manuscripts of all other authors will be conducted as follows:
1) Authors will submit the complete manuscript written according to the Instruction for Authors. Before the peer-review procedure commencement and upon editors' acceptance, the author(s) or his/her/their institution are obliged to pay the € 180.00 fee (25% VAT included) or the equivalent amount in kunas. The sum, as mentioned above, is the basic fee for one author. In the case of additional co-authors, every additional co-author will pay € 90.00 per capita. This peer-review fee does not ensure preferential evaluation of the author’s manuscript, nor does it guarantee the manuscript's publication. Once the editor has accepted the article please we will e-mail you a pre-invoice according to information you give us on Cover page. You should e-mail the certificate of payment to the Editorial Board: email@example.com.
2) If the manuscript is positively reviewed, i.e., upon two positive blind peer-reviews and after corrections are made by the author(s) in accordance with the reviewers’ suggestions, the author(s) or his/her/their institution will have to pay the additional € 420.00 publication fee (25% VAT included), or the equivalent amount in kunas. The sum, as mentioned above, is the basic fee for one author. In the case of additional co-authors, every additional co-author will pay € 210.00 per capita. Upon corrections in accordance editorial will e-mail you a pre-invoice according to information you gave us on Cover page. You should e-mail the certificate of payment to the Editorial Board: firstname.lastname@example.org.Then the manuscript can be prepared for editing and printing.
- The aforementioned fee is to be paid solely on a basis of the pre-invoice of the Faculty of Architecture, NOT BEFORE, due to the procedure of determining a tax liability which depends on the status of the institution/author(s) that pays the fee. Please fill the form.
- The Faculty of Architecture will pay all additional expenses that are not covered by the fee, as mentioned above.
- After the payment is made, an invoice will be sent to the author(s).
We thank you for your understanding and hope to continue our successful collaboration.
PROSTOR Editorial Board