Autocorrelation and cross-correlation flow analysis along the confluence of the Kupa and Sava Rivers
Keywords:autocorrelation analysis, cross-correlation analysis, Kupa River, Sava River, flow, precipitation
In this paper, an autocorrelation and cross-correlation analysis of the flow of the Kupa and Sava Rivers was performed. The analysis was performed at hydrological stations close to the confluence of these two rivers near the city of Sisak, based on data of mean daily flows and daily precipitation. The analysed time period is from 2008 to 2017, with the series being divided into two parts of five years each, from 2008 to 2012 and 2013 to 2017. Daily flow data were measured at the hydrological stations Farkašić on Kupa River and Crnac on Sava River, and data on precipitation at the main meteorological station and the automatic meteorological station Sisak. The maximum value of the cross-correlation function between hydrological stations at Kupa and Sava Rivers is very high, but at a time lag of zero days. The value of the cross-correlation function remains high up to 0.6 and up to 4 days lag. The cross-correlation function between precipitation and hydrological data has a very low maximum value.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 authors and journal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
In agreeing this form, you certify that:
- You read the ethical codex of the RGN zbornik available at journal web.
- You submitted work is your original work, and has not previously been published and does not include any form of plagiarism.
- You own copyright in the submitted work, and are therefore permitted to assign the licence to publish to RGN zbornik.
- Your submitted work contains no violation of any existing copyright or other third party right or any material of an obscene, libellous or otherwise unlawful nature.
- You have obtained permission for and acknowledged the source of any illustrations, diagrams or other material included in the work of which you are not the copyright owner.
- You have taken due care to ensure the accuracy of the work, and that, to the best of your knowledge, there are no false statements made within it.
- All co-authors of this submitted work are aware of, and in agreement with, the terms of this licence and that the submitted manuscript has been approved by these authors.
You retain copyright in your submitted work, according to journal license policy (CC-BY). By signing this form you agree that RGN zbornik may publish it under the publication licence. In summary the licence allows the following:
Anyone is free:
- To copy, distribute, display, and perform the work.
- To make derivative works.
Under the following conditions:
- The original author must always be given credit.
- The work may not be used for commercial purposes.
- If the work is altered, transformed, or built upon, the resulting work may only be distributed under a licence identical to this one.
Exceptions to the licence
In addition to publishing the work printed under the above licence, RGN zbornik will also enable the work to be visible online.
The journal editorial can change the licence rules anytime but it cannot retroactively restrict author(s) rights.