Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
Letter to editors (reviewers, UDC, British English proof-reading)
The submission included supplement file (DOC or PDF) with proposal of two potential reviewers that editor(s) could or not accept. Proposal need to have names, degrees, scientific fields, affiliations and e-mails.
Author(s) need to propose also UDC classification in template DOC on the 1st page, header/right corner of the mauscript (UDC is available, e.g., here - http://www.udcsummary.info/php/index.php).The letter also has to contain originality statement and expression of the English language quality (obtained in professional of native-speaker proofreading). If you make resubmission of previously declined work, as new, initial, submission, the editor's (and also reviewers' if exist) comments from previous (declined) version must be completely replied in the letter.
Originality of work
The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (statement given in Letter to editor or has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
The text is submitted on journal template available at http://hrcak.srce.hr/rgn-zbornik under “Guideline for authors” . Respect all rues ,especially citation style, bolding, caption style, equation formatting and author(s) contribution information.Where available, URLs and/or DOIs for the references have been provided. Enter the proposal of the manuscript Universal Decimal Classification (header of template front page).
Each manuscript started with submission process.Fill all metadata completely, i.e. title, author (list) and affiliation(s), abstract and key words. Keep it (continuously) up to date. The online issues contain metadata.
Author's guidelines and figure's resolutions
The text adheres also to other stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal. Special attention need to be given on figure pixel resoultion (1200x800 - 1800-1200 pixels prepared as TIFF) as condition for online publishing. If authors are asked to submit files for printed publication, they need to be 200-300 dpi.
Time limits during review rounds
The instructions about time limits for corrections according reviews will be strictly respected.
(a) Generally, the 1st review and correction rounds last 3 weeks each; (b) 2nd and later rounds last 1 week each. For longer terms, reviewers/authors are obligated contact section editor; (c) The final corrections of galley proofs last 2-3 days;
Letter to reviewers (as part of resubmission)
is OBLIGATORY part of each subsequent author upload of improved manuscript. Such resubmission has to have 3 uploadedfiles - improved manuscript with (in different colours for each reviewer) and without track and changes visible. Letter to reviewers has strict form available at the end of the template and includes point-by-point replies on all reviewers' (and editor's if exist) comments. The clean manuscript is uploaded as "article" and other 2 documents as "other" type of files.
Withdraw/retraction/changes in author's list/publication date
1. When manuscript had been submitted author(s) cannot withdraw it (exception is given in point 5), but can suggest Editor-in-Chief to do it due to strong reasons.
2. The same is valid for accepted paper (exception is given in point 6).
3. The author’s list cannot be changed after initial submission, but main author can propose it during review process when some existing or new, but only one (!), author made large contribution in improvements. The proposal must be given before resubmission. The Editor-in-Chief makes final decisions.
4. In the case of any authorship in dispute, the authors need to give common reports and arguments, and Editor-in-Chief will make final decision about authorship, publication or rejection. The Editor-in-Chief is free to consult some or all authors or listed institution(s), during process.
5. If review process lasts more than 6 months after submission author(s) can withdraw manuscript.
6. If paper, after acceptance, is not published in the next 12 months, author(s) can withdraw the paper.
7. The Editor-in-Chief can retract any published paper but must explain such decision in public on journal web (keep it permanent visible in the issue where retraction is done) and the in next printed issue following retraction (indicating also in the table of content). The retraction must be done exclusively based on the journal's ethical codex.
To be a communication medium for all concerned with scientific and technical problems dealing with mining, geotechnics and environment protection within those activities.
Petroleum Engineering and Energetics
To be a communication medium for all concerned with scientific and technical problems dealing with petroleum engineering and environment protection within those activities.
To be a communication medium for all concerned with scientific and technical problems dealing with geology and environment protection within those activities.
Applied Mathematics, Physics, Space Sciences
To be a communication medium for all concerned with scientific and technical problems dealing with mathematics, physics and Space sciences within those activities.
Other sciences and contributions
To be a communication medium for all concerned with scientific and technical problems dealing with chemistry, computing, programming applied in main journal topics within those activities.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
In agreeing this form, you certify that:
- You read the ethical codex of the RGN zbornik available at journal web.
- You submitted work is your original work, and has not previously been published and does not include any form of plagiarism.
- You own copyright in the submitted work, and are therefore permitted to assign the licence to publish to RGN zbornik.
- Your submitted work contains no violation of any existing copyright or other third party right or any material of an obscene, libellous or otherwise unlawful nature.
- You have obtained permission for and acknowledged the source of any illustrations, diagrams or other material included in the work of which you are not the copyright owner.
- You have taken due care to ensure the accuracy of the work, and that, to the best of your knowledge, there are no false statements made within it.
- All co-authors of this submitted work are aware of, and in agreement with, the terms of this licence and that the submitted manuscript has been approved by these authors.
You retain copyright in your submitted work, according to journal license policy (CC-BY). Any re-print has to be approved both by author(s) and publisher (editor-in-chief).
By signing this form you agree that RGN zbornik may publish it under the publication licence. In summary the licence allows the following:
Anyone is free:
- To copy, distribute, display, and perform the work.
- To make derivative works.
Under the following conditions:
- The original author must always be given credit.
- The work may not be used for commercial purposes.
- If the work is altered, transformed, or built upon, the resulting work may only be distributed under a licence identical to this one.
Exceptions to the licence
In addition to publishing the work printed under the above licence, RGN zbornik will also enable the work to be visible online.
The journal editorial can change the licence rules anytime but it cannot retroactively restrict author(s) rights.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. This option must be confirmed if you wish to continue.
Important note about your account: If you wish to select type of notifications which you will receive from the journal, choose it in you profile dashboard option "notifications". If you wish to disable your profile, you need to contact editor-in-chief with such inquiry.