Analysis of radar precipitation estimation in Central Croatia
Good monitoring of precipitation is of great importance in many fields of human activity that use meteorological infor- mation. Precipitation is highly variable in space and time and therefore it is advisable to use tools that provide good spatial and temporal resolution of the phenomenon. The meteorological radar from the Radar Center of Bilogora is used for this purpose. However, radar precipitation is not measured directly but is estimated in a way that reflected electro- magnetic signal turns into precipitation using the Z-R relation. This paper analyses the period from 1. 12. 2015. to 31. 8. 2016., comparing the ground measurements of hourly accumulated precipitation from the main meteorological stations and radar associated pixels precipitation estimation. It was found that radar overestimates precipitation. It is possible to reduce such systematic radar estimation errors with a climatological bias adjustment.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Rudarsko-geološko-naftni zbornik
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
In agreeing this form, you certify that:
- You read the ethical codex of the RGN zbornik available at journal web.
- You submitted work is your original work, and has not previously been published and does not include any form of plagiarism.
- You own copyright in the submitted work, and are therefore permitted to assign the licence to publish to RGN zbornik.
- Your submitted work contains no violation of any existing copyright or other third party right or any material of an obscene, libellous or otherwise unlawful nature.
- You have obtained permission for and acknowledged the source of any illustrations, diagrams or other material included in the work of which you are not the copyright owner.
- You have taken due care to ensure the accuracy of the work, and that, to the best of your knowledge, there are no false statements made within it.
- All co-authors of this submitted work are aware of, and in agreement with, the terms of this licence and that the submitted manuscript has been approved by these authors.
You retain copyright in your submitted work, according to journal license policy (CC-BY). By signing this form you agree that RGN zbornik may publish it under the publication licence. In summary the licence allows the following:
Anyone is free:
- To copy, distribute, display, and perform the work.
- To make derivative works.
Under the following conditions:
- The original author must always be given credit.
- The work may not be used for commercial purposes.
- If the work is altered, transformed, or built upon, the resulting work may only be distributed under a licence identical to this one.
Exceptions to the licence
In addition to publishing the work printed under the above licence, RGN zbornik will also enable the work to be visible online.
The journal editorial can change the licence rules anytime but it cannot retroactively restrict author(s) rights.