An Approach to the Evaluation and Classification of Dimensional Stone Quarries with an Emphasis on Safety Parameters
Building, dimensional and decorative stones from mining and industry are among the significant resources of Iran. Following China and Italy, Iran is in third place of world production, but only has a minor contribution in international trade. One main reason of this problem is negligence regarding the introduction of dependable mines to foreign customers. On the other hand, the frequency of fatal and non-fatal accidents in these mines implies the necessity of more attention to safety parameters. The first stage to attain this aim is identifying the major factors on safety of these mines and ranking the major mines considering these indices. In this paper, a comprehensive model for ranking of mines in the sense of all imposing attributes with an emphasis on safety parameters is presented. In order to validate the model, 19 active mines of the Pyrtak Company in Lorestan province have been used. In this paper, after determining all the parameters of safety in decorative stone mines and weighting these attributes, using AHP-TOPSIS and fuzzy environment, mines have been ranked. After a systematic evaluation of the decorative stone mines, the most appropriate mine is selected.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Rudarsko-geološko-naftni zbornik
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
In agreeing this form, you certify that:
- You read the ethical codex of the RGN zbornik available at journal web.
- You submitted work is your original work, and has not previously been published and does not include any form of plagiarism.
- You own copyright in the submitted work, and are therefore permitted to assign the licence to publish to RGN zbornik.
- Your submitted work contains no violation of any existing copyright or other third party right or any material of an obscene, libellous or otherwise unlawful nature.
- You have obtained permission for and acknowledged the source of any illustrations, diagrams or other material included in the work of which you are not the copyright owner.
- You have taken due care to ensure the accuracy of the work, and that, to the best of your knowledge, there are no false statements made within it.
- All co-authors of this submitted work are aware of, and in agreement with, the terms of this licence and that the submitted manuscript has been approved by these authors.
You retain copyright in your submitted work, according to journal license policy (CC-BY). By signing this form you agree that RGN zbornik may publish it under the publication licence. In summary the licence allows the following:
Anyone is free:
- To copy, distribute, display, and perform the work.
- To make derivative works.
Under the following conditions:
- The original author must always be given credit.
- The work may not be used for commercial purposes.
- If the work is altered, transformed, or built upon, the resulting work may only be distributed under a licence identical to this one.
Exceptions to the licence
In addition to publishing the work printed under the above licence, RGN zbornik will also enable the work to be visible online.
The journal editorial can change the licence rules anytime but it cannot retroactively restrict author(s) rights.