The study of energy consumption in the dimension stone cutting process
In the dimension stone industry, predicting the energy consumption in rock cutting process and examining its relationship with machining parameters are among the most important steps to achieve the optimum conditions in terms of energy consumption. A laboratory scale cutting machine with changing machining parameters was made and its energy consumption was evaluated through the statistical analysis. Tests were carried on seven carbonate rock samples under different operating conditions at different depths of cut, feed rates and peripheral speeds. Finally, an energy consumption model was obtained through statistical studies using SPSS software. The t and F tests were used to validate the model and to control each of the independent variables. To see the prediction capability of the derived model, the scatter diagram of the observed and estimated values was plotted. The results showed that the points are very close to the 1:1 diagonal straight line. It concluded that the developed model has a high degree of accuracy with a high correlation between the predicted and the observed values. Due to its high accuracy, the proposed model can be used in the calculation of energy consumption under various operating parameters.
Copyright (c) 2018 authors and journal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
In agreeing this form, you certify that:
- You read the ethical codex of the RGN zbornik available at journal web.
- You submitted work is your original work, and has not previously been published and does not include any form of plagiarism.
- You own copyright in the submitted work, and are therefore permitted to assign the licence to publish to RGN zbornik.
- Your submitted work contains no violation of any existing copyright or other third party right or any material of an obscene, libellous or otherwise unlawful nature.
- You have obtained permission for and acknowledged the source of any illustrations, diagrams or other material included in the work of which you are not the copyright owner.
- You have taken due care to ensure the accuracy of the work, and that, to the best of your knowledge, there are no false statements made within it.
- All co-authors of this submitted work are aware of, and in agreement with, the terms of this licence and that the submitted manuscript has been approved by these authors.
You retain copyright in your submitted work, according to journal license policy (CC-BY). By signing this form you agree that RGN zbornik may publish it under the publication licence. In summary the licence allows the following:
Anyone is free:
- To copy, distribute, display, and perform the work.
- To make derivative works.
Under the following conditions:
- The original author must always be given credit.
- The work may not be used for commercial purposes.
- If the work is altered, transformed, or built upon, the resulting work may only be distributed under a licence identical to this one.
Exceptions to the licence
In addition to publishing the work printed under the above licence, RGN zbornik will also enable the work to be visible online.
The journal editorial can change the licence rules anytime but it cannot retroactively restrict author(s) rights.