Experimental study of the effects of coal dust particle size on laminar burning velocity in a mixture of coal dust and methane
This study investigates the effect of variations of coal dust particles size on the rate of burning of coal dust particles in a 2-liter closed chamber. Coal dust was selected from three different mines with different sizes (149μm, 125μm, 105μm, 74μm, 63μm, 53μm, 44μm, 37μm) for explosion testing in a closed chamber of 2-liters. In this analysis, the concentration of coal dust was considered constant (10000 g/m3), all tests were carried out at a pressure of 1.5 bar and the initial tem- perature was 25 °C. To calculate the burning rate, the explosion severity parameters of each sample, such as the maxi- mum explosion pressure, the maximum rate of increase in pressure, and the explosion index must be determined during various tests. The results of the experiments show that by variating the size of the coal dust particles, the burning rate of the particles also changes and there is an inverse relationship between them. Coal dust particles with dimensions of 44μm and 37 μm have a higher burning velocity than other dimensions. Thus, with a reduction in the size of coal dust particles, the burning velocity of coal dust increases. The outcomes acquired in this examination are not just valuable in developing information on coal dust explosion processes, but also improve the measures needed to prevent coal dust explosions in coal mines.
Copyright (c) 2019 authors and journal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
In agreeing this form, you certify that:
- You read the ethical codex of the RGN zbornik available at journal web.
- You submitted work is your original work, and has not previously been published and does not include any form of plagiarism.
- You own copyright in the submitted work, and are therefore permitted to assign the licence to publish to RGN zbornik.
- Your submitted work contains no violation of any existing copyright or other third party right or any material of an obscene, libellous or otherwise unlawful nature.
- You have obtained permission for and acknowledged the source of any illustrations, diagrams or other material included in the work of which you are not the copyright owner.
- You have taken due care to ensure the accuracy of the work, and that, to the best of your knowledge, there are no false statements made within it.
- All co-authors of this submitted work are aware of, and in agreement with, the terms of this licence and that the submitted manuscript has been approved by these authors.
You retain copyright in your submitted work, according to journal license policy (CC-BY). By signing this form you agree that RGN zbornik may publish it under the publication licence. In summary the licence allows the following:
Anyone is free:
- To copy, distribute, display, and perform the work.
- To make derivative works.
Under the following conditions:
- The original author must always be given credit.
- The work may not be used for commercial purposes.
- If the work is altered, transformed, or built upon, the resulting work may only be distributed under a licence identical to this one.
Exceptions to the licence
In addition to publishing the work printed under the above licence, RGN zbornik will also enable the work to be visible online.
The journal editorial can change the licence rules anytime but it cannot retroactively restrict author(s) rights.