Skoči na glavni sadržaj

Izvorni znanstveni članak

THE HALL OF THE SANTA MARIA VALVERDE BROTHERHOOD AND THE "NEW CHURCH" IN ŠIBENIK

Josip Ćuzela ; Konzervatorski odjel - Šibenik


Puni tekst: hrvatski pdf 7.223 Kb

str. 87-105

preuzimanja: 1.249

citiraj

Puni tekst: engleski pdf 7.223 Kb

str. 106-106

preuzimanja: 192

citiraj


Sažetak

The construction of the sacral complex of the New Church was begun at the end of the 15th century in the historical centre of Šibenik in the Gorica quarter. The hall, church and belfry belonged to the Šibenik brotherhood of Santa Maria Valverde. The building of the hall began in 1494, though little is known about the details of this process. It was a single-storey construction in the Gothic style of a simple plan with a porch on the ground floor. The church was begun before the completion of work on the hall. Enough historical documents concerning the construction have been preserved, making it possible to follow the variuos phases. Although the decision to build the church was made in 1488, construction did not begin until the arrival of Niccolò di Giovanni da Firenze who was working on the Šibenik cathedral at the time. His influence on the construction is recognisable even though he only worked on it for four years, until his death in 1505. Construction continued for many years until 1628 when the coffered ceiling and wall paintings on the side walls were completed. The final addition was the belfry, constructed in the baroque period by Ivan Skok who was responsible for a number of ecclesiastic buildings in the Šibenik area.

Ključne riječi

Hrčak ID:

111053

URI

https://hrcak.srce.hr/111053

Podaci na drugim jezicima: hrvatski

Posjeta: 2.129 *