Skoči na glavni sadržaj

Pregledni rad

Saint Martin estate / Felse Szent Marton / Martinci – part of the old Slavonia from the other side of the Drava river

Ranko Pavleš ; Koprivnica


Puni tekst: hrvatski pdf 313 Kb

str. 77-80

preuzimanja: 146

citiraj


Sažetak

In 1254 the Bishop of Zagreb purchased the Saint Martin estate north of Vaška, alongside the left bank of the Drava river. The inhabitants had equal rights as the Bishop’s subjects on his estates in Podravina. Data about the estate refer only to the 13th century , whereas reconstruction of the estate was enabled by the list of villages dating from 1690. The names of the medieval settlements, preserved as the names of fields, can be inferred from the cadastral map from the 19th century. These local names are entirely Croatian and we can therefore speak about the continuity of the Croatian ethnicum in Martinac surroundings from the Middle Ages to the present day, due to the fact that Croatian language is still spoken in the majority of villages.

Ključne riječi

Martinci, Felse Szent Marton, the Middle Ages

Hrčak ID:

190698

URI

https://hrcak.srce.hr/190698

Podaci na drugim jezicima: hrvatski

Posjeta: 334 *