Skoči na glavni sadržaj

Izvorni znanstveni članak

Dubrovnik School Education From the Fall of the Re­public to 1918

Ivo Perić ; Zavod za povijesne znanosti HAZU u Dubrovniku, Dubrovnik, Hrvatska


Puni tekst: hrvatski pdf 10.777 Kb

str. 357-391

preuzimanja: 365

citiraj


Sažetak

The Dubrovnik Republic came to her end in 1808. After that Dubrovnik was under the rule of other countries: from 1808 to 1814 under the rule of the French, from 1814 to 1918 under the Austrian rule.
In this period (1808—1918) Dubrovnik was even as a provincial town an important cultural center in the district of Dalmatia. Besides elementary and grammar schools in Dubrovnik various secondary technical schools were established. Some of then were very important for the whole Dalmatia.
In Dubrovnik on the eve the First World War (1914) there operated 7 elementary schools, 2 lower secondary schools, a trade school, a grammar school, a teachers' training school, a nautical academy and a commercial school. Among the teachers of the schools there were some meritorious patriots, excellent experts and pedagogues and some outstanding scholars. Some teachers were the writers of school textbooks, treatises, essays and books. Some of them became the members of the Yugoslav Academy of Sciences and Arts.

Ključne riječi

School Education, Dubrovnik, 19th century, 20th century

Hrčak ID:

244725

URI

https://hrcak.srce.hr/244725

Podaci na drugim jezicima: hrvatski

Posjeta: 592 *