Skoči na glavni sadržaj

Izvorni znanstveni članak

Ottoman Çiftlik / Zemin Holdings in the Grounds of Ancient Salona and the Ager Salonitanus before the Fall of Klis (1537)

Michael Ursinus ; Universität Heidelberg Seminarstraße 2 69117 Heidelberg Deutschland


Puni tekst: engleski pdf 1.013 Kb

str. 83-89

preuzimanja: 255

citiraj


Sažetak

The survey register TD 157 (tahrir defter) is the earliest Ottoman survey register to throw some light on the gradual incorporation into the Sultan’s realm of the territories situated in the immediate vicinity of Klis. As is well known, the fortress of Klis was finally taken by Ottoman forces only in March 1537 after a hard winter and a long siege, having been heroically defended by its commander, Petar Kružić, a native of Bihać. It is important to view Klis fortress and its hinterland separately, because when the fortress of Klis was threatened by Ottoman attacks, the suburbium of Klis situated below the fortification walls appears to have experienced a markedly different fate. The relevant defter entries demonstrate early cases of the gradual and at times tentative transition from Venetian to Ottoman rule in the hinterland of the Bay of Split up to two decades before the fall of Klis.

Ključne riječi

Klis, pre-Ottoman Klis, the suburbium of Klis, Salona, Kaštela, çiftlik possession, zemin possession

Hrčak ID:

247940

URI

https://hrcak.srce.hr/247940

Podaci na drugim jezicima: hrvatski

Posjeta: 664 *