APA 6th Edition Cvitanović, Đ. (2006). Samostanski kompleksi u povijesnoj jezgri Varaždina. Radovi Zavoda za znanstveni rad Varaždin, (16-17), 173-186. Preuzeto s https://hrcak.srce.hr/8700
MLA 8th Edition Cvitanović, Đurđica. "Samostanski kompleksi u povijesnoj jezgri Varaždina." Radovi Zavoda za znanstveni rad Varaždin, vol. , br. 16-17, 2006, str. 173-186. https://hrcak.srce.hr/8700. Citirano 24.09.2020.
Chicago 17th Edition Cvitanović, Đurđica. "Samostanski kompleksi u povijesnoj jezgri Varaždina." Radovi Zavoda za znanstveni rad Varaždin , br. 16-17 (2006): 173-186. https://hrcak.srce.hr/8700
Harvard Cvitanović, Đ. (2006). 'Samostanski kompleksi u povijesnoj jezgri Varaždina', Radovi Zavoda za znanstveni rad Varaždin, (16-17), str. 173-186. Preuzeto s: https://hrcak.srce.hr/8700 (Datum pristupa: 24.09.2020.)
Vancouver Cvitanović Đ. Samostanski kompleksi u povijesnoj jezgri Varaždina. Radovi Zavoda za znanstveni rad Varaždin [Internet]. 2006 [pristupljeno 24.09.2020.];(16-17):173-186. Dostupno na: https://hrcak.srce.hr/8700
IEEE Đ. Cvitanović, "Samostanski kompleksi u povijesnoj jezgri Varaždina", Radovi Zavoda za znanstveni rad Varaždin, vol., br. 16-17, str. 173-186, 2006. [Online]. Dostupno na: https://hrcak.srce.hr/8700. [Citirano: 24.09.2020.]
Sažetak The baroque monasteries and their churches belonging to the most significant holy orders Jesuits, Franciscans and Ursulins, found their place in the very heart of Varaždin.
-The early baroque Jesuit church of St. Mary was built between 1642 and 1646 and its collegium from 1679 to 1691. The author of the project was Jesuit Juraj Matota. By its conception this church belongs to the type of Jesuit churches of the nordern provenience which is somewhat different from the roman type and closer to the type of the Jesuit church of St. Katherine in Zagreb.
The significant part of the Varaždin Jesuit complex is certainly the gymnasium built in the 18th century and the boarding school with the 17th century seminary built by the local constructors, while the Styrian architects built the collegium building and the tower.
-From 1650 to 1655 Franciscans built their two storied and three wing monastery on the Middle Age location. They added the part with the pharmacy and in 1641 they enhanced the Middle Age tower. The church dedicated of the old Middle Age church. They charged with the commission the architect from Graz Peter Rabba who built their early baroque church on the model of the Birth of Jesus churches.
The Ursulin convent with its church of the Birth of Jesus was built after their arrival to Varaždin. The church was built between 1716 and 1723 and the convent was completed in 1743. In 1777 the local builder Jacob Erber attached the inner rococo wing with the school for new recruits to the convent. The most extraordinary part of this complex is the solution of the elegant church facade with the gable church tower and surfaces made in baroque style over the lower part divided into sections which makes it one of the prototypes of that kind in the Middle Europe.