- Status u Hrčku: aktivan
- ISSN 2718-3734 (Online)
University of Split
Ruđera Boškovića 31
Office phone: +385(21) 434 886
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Izdavač: Sveučilište u Splitu
Ruđera Boškovića 31, 21000 Split
ST-OPEN is an overlay journal of the University of Split, and is primarily based on the University’s repositories. ST in the title stands for “students” but is also the abbreviation for the city of Split. ST-OPEN is an interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary e-journal – an “interjournal”, with the diamond model of open access. This means we do not charge article publication fees to authors or a subscription fee to readers. ST-OPEN has been created as a new type of overlay journals that has a broad, multidisciplinary scope, with the aim to promote interdisciplinary collaboration across university schools and departments. ST-OPEN focuses on graduate student research (for example, from masters and doctoral programs), selecting best student-supervisor research work for publication. ST-OPEN is opened to students and teachers from the University of Split, as well as from other universities in Croatia that deposit their research in the national DABAR repository. The first aim of ST-OPEN is an indirect but concrete practical training of students in scientific publishing. This will prepare future researchers for their research/academic careers by training them in standards and practices in scientific publishing. The second aim is to increase scientific production and global visibility for the scholarly research of the University of Split. ST-OPEN does not aim to publish “great” research or to achieve high research impact, but to serve as a tool to advance research education and training of university students and the visibility of a small university. ST-OPEN is a multidisciplinary journal, so our Editorial Board is large, including at least one member from each university school or department. However, since there are approximately 150 study programs, “satellite” Academic Editorial Boards exist at each University location. We do not see multidisciplinarity as a disadvantage, particularly in the time when bibliographic database or web searchers and not individual journals are sources of information for researchers. ST-OPEN follows on the highest standards concerning of peer review criteria and publication ethics, and aims at preserving the integrity of the published record.
- Recenzija: vanjske recenzije, podjednako tuzemna i inozemna, samo znanstveni radovi, jednostruko slijepa, dvostruka, trostruka i više
- Prva godina izlaženja: 2020.
- Učestalost izlaženja: 1
- Područja pokrivanja: Umjetničko područje, Humanističke znanosti, Društvene znanosti, Biotehničke znanosti, Biomedicina i zdravstvo, Tehničke znanosti, Prirodne znanosti
- Uključen u Hrčak: 24.09.2020.
- Prava korištenja: Articles are freely available to both subscribers and the wider public with permitted reuse. All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. Permitted reuse is defined by Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license, which: lets others distribute and copy the article, to create extracts, abstracts, and other revised versions, adaptations or derivative works of or from an article (such as a translation), to include in a collective work (such as an anthology), to text or data mine the article, even for commercial purposes, as long as they credit the author(s), do not represent the author as endorsing their adaptation of the article, and do not modify the article in such a way as to damage the author’s honor or reputation. For further details see the Creative Commons website.