hrcak mascot   Srce   HID

Stručni rad

PERITONEAL DIALYSIS CATHETER PLACEMENT USING A REGIONAL ANESTHESIA TECHNIQUE: ULTRASOUND-GUIDED TRANSVERSUS ABDOMINIS PLANE BLOCK

DEAN MARKIĆ   ORCID icon orcid.org/0000-0001-5696-0850 ; Rijeka University Hospital Center, Clinical Department of Urology, Rijeka, Croatia
BOŽIDAR VUJIČIĆ ; Rijeka University Hospital Center, Department of Nephrology and Dialysis, Rijeka, Croatia
MLADEN IVANOVSKI ; Rijeka University Hospital Center, Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Rijeka, Croatia
KRISTIAN KRPINA ; Rijeka University Hospital Center, Clinical Department of Urology, Rijeka, Croatia
ANTUN GRŠKOVIĆ ; Rijeka University Hospital Center, Clinical Department of Urology, Rijeka, Croatia
DRAŽEN RAHELIĆ ; Rijeka University Hospital Center, Clinical Department of Urology, Rijeka, Croatia
NINO RUBINIĆ ; Rijeka University Hospital Center, Clinical Department of Urology, Rijeka, Croatia
MAURO MATERLJAN ; Rijeka University Hospital Center, Clinical Department of Urology, Rijeka, Croatia
HRVOJE LASIĆ ; University of Rijeka, School of Medicine, Rijeka, Croatia
IVANA BOŽINOVIĆ ; University of Rijeka, School of Medicine, Rijeka, Croatia
STELA ŽIVČIĆ-ĆOSIĆ ; Rijeka University Hospital Center, Department of Nephrology and Dialysis, Rijeka, Croatia
SANJIN RAČKI ; Rijeka University Hospital Center, Department of Nephrology and Dialysis, Rijeka, Croatia
JOSIP ŠPANJOL ; Rijeka University Hospital Center, Clinical Department of Urology, Rijeka, Croatia

Puni tekst: engleski, pdf (136 KB) str. 46-48 preuzimanja: 154* citiraj
APA 6th Edition
MARKIĆ, D., VUJIČIĆ, B., IVANOVSKI, M., KRPINA, K., GRŠKOVIĆ, A., RAHELIĆ, D., ... ŠPANJOL, J. (2016). PERITONEAL DIALYSIS CATHETER PLACEMENT USING A REGIONAL ANESTHESIA TECHNIQUE: ULTRASOUND-GUIDED TRANSVERSUS ABDOMINIS PLANE BLOCK. Acta medica Croatica, 70 (Suplement 2), 46-48. Preuzeto s https://hrcak.srce.hr/180122
MLA 8th Edition
MARKIĆ, DEAN, et al. "PERITONEAL DIALYSIS CATHETER PLACEMENT USING A REGIONAL ANESTHESIA TECHNIQUE: ULTRASOUND-GUIDED TRANSVERSUS ABDOMINIS PLANE BLOCK." Acta medica Croatica, vol. 70, br. Suplement 2, 2016, str. 46-48. https://hrcak.srce.hr/180122. Citirano 20.09.2019.
Chicago 17th Edition
MARKIĆ, DEAN, BOŽIDAR VUJIČIĆ, MLADEN IVANOVSKI, KRISTIAN KRPINA, ANTUN GRŠKOVIĆ, DRAŽEN RAHELIĆ, NINO RUBINIĆ, et al. "PERITONEAL DIALYSIS CATHETER PLACEMENT USING A REGIONAL ANESTHESIA TECHNIQUE: ULTRASOUND-GUIDED TRANSVERSUS ABDOMINIS PLANE BLOCK." Acta medica Croatica 70, br. Suplement 2 (2016): 46-48. https://hrcak.srce.hr/180122
Harvard
MARKIĆ, D., et al. (2016). 'PERITONEAL DIALYSIS CATHETER PLACEMENT USING A REGIONAL ANESTHESIA TECHNIQUE: ULTRASOUND-GUIDED TRANSVERSUS ABDOMINIS PLANE BLOCK', Acta medica Croatica, 70(Suplement 2), str. 46-48. Preuzeto s: https://hrcak.srce.hr/180122 (Datum pristupa: 20.09.2019.)
Vancouver
MARKIĆ D, VUJIČIĆ B, IVANOVSKI M, KRPINA K, GRŠKOVIĆ A, RAHELIĆ D i sur. PERITONEAL DIALYSIS CATHETER PLACEMENT USING A REGIONAL ANESTHESIA TECHNIQUE: ULTRASOUND-GUIDED TRANSVERSUS ABDOMINIS PLANE BLOCK. Acta medica Croatica [Internet]. 2016 [pristupljeno 20.09.2019.];70(Suplement 2):46-48. Dostupno na: https://hrcak.srce.hr/180122
IEEE
D. MARKIĆ, et al., "PERITONEAL DIALYSIS CATHETER PLACEMENT USING A REGIONAL ANESTHESIA TECHNIQUE: ULTRASOUND-GUIDED TRANSVERSUS ABDOMINIS PLANE BLOCK", Acta medica Croatica, vol.70, br. Suplement 2, str. 46-48, 2016. [Online]. Dostupno na: https://hrcak.srce.hr/180122. [Citirano: 20.09.2019.]

Sažetak
Peritoneal dialysis (PD) is an established method for renal replacement therapy in patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD). Transversus abdominis plane (TAP) block is a regional anesthesia technique, since recently used for PD catheter placement. The main aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of PD catheter placement using ultrasound-guided TAP block. We studied 43 ESRD patients from our center that underwent PD catheter placement under TAP block between June 2011 and December 2014. TAP block was successful in 38 (91.4%) of 43 patients. The remaining five (8.6%) patients required general anesthesia. All procedures were performed without complications. ESRD patients have a substantially greater number of comorbid conditions compared to general population, many of which are adversely influenced by general anesthesia. Opposite to general anesthesia, regional anesthesia has no systemic effect and using this technique may prove beneficial in this group of patients. In conclusion, TAP block is an effective method for PD catheter placement and should be especially considered in ESRD patients with major comorbidities.

Ključne riječi
end-stage renal disease; peritoneal dialysis catheter; regional anesthesia; transversus abdominis plane block

Hrčak ID: 180122

URI
https://hrcak.srce.hr/180122

[hrvatski]

Posjeta: 295 *