- Status in HRČAK: active
ISSN 2706-414X (Tisak)
ISSN 2706-4441 (Online)
Juraj Dobrila University of Pula
Faculty of Humanities
Department of History
Zagrebačka 30, 52100 Pula, Croatia
Phone: +385 52 377500
Fax: +385 52 211713
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- URL: https://ffpu.unipu.hr/history-in-flux
- Publisher: Juraj Dobrila University of Pula
Zagrebačka 30, 52100 Pula
- Guidelines for authors
- Guidelines for reviewers
History in Flux is a new academic journal of the Department of History at the Faculty of Humanities, Juraj Dobrila University of Pula. Its first issue appears in December 2019 and thus proudly marks the twenty-fifth anniversary of the Department of History. In order to be relevant to society and the world today, contemporary historiography needs to connect scholars across boundaries, be they ethnic, national, social or even generational. History in Flux wants to tackle topics that are of universal relevance, and connect different national historiographies of Europe and beyond, bringing together historians from different traditions and points of view. By following this idea, the journal aims to be a meeting point of global and local perspectives. This is especially important for those historiographies with a tradition of publishing the majority of research in national languages only. While one of our first ambitions is to foster dialogue between Croatian and international scholars, our scope encompasses all of European and world history, from antiquity to contemporary times. The journal accepts articles in the field of history and other closely related disciplines of humanities. Thematic volumes or invidual articles might be related to the biennial conference Past, Present, Future, organised by the Department of History and hosted at the Faculty of Humanities since 2015, as well as to the biennial conference Socialism on the Bench, organised by the Centre for Cultural and Historical Research of Socialism since 2013, or the annual Doctoral Workshop which has been started within the Centre and the Department in 2015. The journal is published once a year, with deadlines for submitting articles set in March and with publishing (in print and online with open access) deadlines in November. Please, follow the Instructions to authors. There is no fee for submission, reviewing or publishing. No fees at all are charged to authors. Articles are published in English. They have to pass the editing process with double-blind peer-reviewing (following the Guidelines for reviewers) and, according to Croatian practice, are all categorized as original scientific paper, preliminary communication or review article. Book reviews, reports and other shorter contributions are also welcome.
- Peer review: peer review, equally national and international peer review, only scientific papers, double blind review, double
- First year of publication: 2019.
- Frequency (annually): 1
- Scientific disciplines and subdisciplines: Interdisciplinary Humanistic Studies, Archeology, History of Art, History
- Date added to HRČAK: 20.12.2019.
- Rights: History in Flux is an Open Access journal. All content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access. Texts can be used in accordance to the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) licence. Users are allowed to share, copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format. The author (or authors) is the copyright holder and retains publishing rights.