The Faculty of Maritime Studies of the University of Rijeka has been issuing the Journal of Maritime Studies since 1999. The original edition of this Journal was published in 1964 under the title „Selected Papers of the Faculty of Maritime Studies“.
The „Scientific Journal of Maritime Research“ represents a multidisciplinary scientific journal publishing scientific and research papers dealing with different fields of maritime affairs (biotechnology, shipping industry, ecology, economics, electrical engineering and computer science, linguistics, logistics, navigation, law, history, sociology, mechanical engineering, technics, technology, traffic and transport technology, as well as other fields of this very complex framework of maritime affairs). The authors of the papers published are scientists, research workers and experts in the wide variety of fields of maritime affairs coming not only from Croatia but from the whole maritime world as well. All the papers are published in Croatian or English, while the summaries are bilingual.
Since 2006 the Journal has been published twice a year (in June and December). In addition to the Editorial Board, the members of which are professors of the Faculty of Maritime Studies of the University of Rijeka, the Journal has an International Scientific Advisory Board, with distinguished scientists from abroad as members.
The Journal is financially supported by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia and by the Foundation of the University of Rijeka (depends on approval).
The unabridged paper texts of the journal are available on request at the e-mail address: email@example.com.
Papers published in the Journal of Maritime Studies are included in the data bases of:
• WoS CC (Web of Science Core Collection) – ESCI Emerging Sources Citation Index, Clarivate Analytics, USA
• ASFA (CSA) - Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts, CSA, Maryland, USA
• BMT - British Maritime Technology Abstracts, Teddington, United Kingdom
• CiteFactor (Academic Scientific Journals), USA
• COBISS/OPAC, Virtualna knjižnica Slovenije, Slovenija
• CSA (Cambridge Scientific Abstracts) - Oceanic Abstracts, Maryland, USA
• DOAJ; Directory of Open Access Journals, Lund University, Sweden
• EBSCO Publishing – Ipswich, MA, USA
• EJOL – Electronic Journals Online Library, Institut Ruđer Bošković, Zagreb, Hrvatska
• GEOBASE - The Bibliographic database for the Earth, Geographical and Ecological Sciences, Elsevier
• HRČAK - Central portal of Croatian scientific journals, Zagreb, Croatia
• INSPEC – Database published by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), UK
• NSK – National and University Library, Zagreb, Croatia
• SCOPUS -Elsevier's abstract and indexing (A&I) database, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
• TRIS – Transportation Research and Information Services, Washington, DC, USA
peer review, national peer review, double, only scientific papers, single blind review
First year of publication: 1999
Frequency (annually): 2
Scientific disciplines and subdisciplines:
Shipbuilding; Electrical Engineering; Computing; Mechanical Engineering; Traffic and Transport Technology; Biotechnology; Economics; Law; History;
Date added to HRČAK: 7 February 2006
Entitlement: the unabridged paper texts of the journal are available on request at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subscription rate for the printed form amounts to 40 kn for companies, enterprises and institutions and 20 kn for individual users.
he Council of Science Editors and its Editorial Policy Committee encourage everyone involved in the journal publishing process to take responsibility for promoting integrity in scientific journal publishing. (Scott-Lichter D and the Editorial Policy Committee, Council of Science Editors. CSE’s White Paper on Promoting Integrity in Scientific Journal Publications, 2012 Update. 3rd Revised Edition. Wheat Ridge, CO: 2012.)
CSE’s White Paper on Promoting Integrity in Scientific Journal Publications, 2012 Update.pdf
Open Access Statement
The Scientific Journal of Maritime Research is published as a fully open access journal.
Therefore, Journal's readers can download articles free of charge, copy them, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of Journal's articles.
The Scientific Journal of Maritime Research does not charge author for publishing in the Journal.
There is no charge for any reader to read and download articles.
Plagiarism is a form of piracy that involves the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language (figures images or tables) and thoughts of others and the representation of them as one’s own original work without permission or acknowledgment by the author of the source of these materials. Plagiarism generally involves the use of materials from others, but can apply to researchers’ duplication of their own previously published reports without acknowledgment (this is sometimes called self-plagiarism or duplicate publication). (Council of Science Editors. Sample correspondence.
Available at: http://www.councilscienceeditors.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3335 (Accessed March 9, 2012).)
License terms and copyright
The journal operates under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 licence. Authors retain the copyright and publishing rights of all articles and materials published in the journal under their name as long as proper attribution is respected